In Just One Hour. A Whiter Smile.
When teeth are discolored due to aging, by medications, chemicals or stained by food and beverage, tooth whitening is a solution that many people take to correct mottled teeth.
Teeth whitening and works on people of all ages and is a good option in restoring brightness in a “dull” smile and bringing a smile alive and whiten teeth.
Types of Teeth Whitening
There is basically two main types of teeth bleaching treatments:
- In-office teeth whitening
- Take-home bleaching kit
In-office Teeth Whitening
There are several advanrages of having in-office whitening instead of the take-home kit
- in-office tooth whitening is fast completed in just over an hour
- there is no need to wear the trays over night that might feel uncomfortable
- in-office tooth whitening is done by dental professional whereby initial checkup is done with monitorning during and post tooth whitening treatment
There many in-office whitening treatment brands on the market. Each brand has its own patented gels and in certain cases light-generating machines in activating the whitening gels. Below are the common types of in-office teeth bleaching whitening:
- Zoom! Teeth Whitening
- Pola Teeth Whitening
- Laser Teeth Whitening
- LaserSmile Laser Teeth Whitening
- Opus Laser Teeth Whitening
- Plasma Cool light Teeth Whitening
Smile Signature thailand dental clinics offers Zoom Tooth Whitening and Pola Tooth Whitening treatments.
Take Home Dental Bleaching
Home bleaching can be done in the comfort of your home. There are many on-the-shelf whitening products available. Smile Signature dental clinics offers take home teeth bleaching kits from Opalescence and Philips Zoom.
At our thailand dental clinics, your dentist first does a checkup at our thailand dental clinics in determining if home bleaching whitening is suited for your case. An impression of your teeth is then made in producing a customized teeth whitening tray for use with the Opalescence kit. Instructions for Opalascence home bleaching and post care is then given.
Considerations to Tooth Whitening
We do not recommend tooth bleaching for smokers or alcohol users. Smoking should be stopped before teeth are bleached. Smoking can cause tissue damage on teeth and may defeat the effect of tooth whitening. The best candidates for tooth bleaching are those with stains caused by coffee, tobacco or aging. Please consult with your thailand dentists on the suitability of your case for tooth whitening.
|Extensive composite and porcelain restorations||If there are pre-existing cosmetic restoration (bonding, crowns, bridges, veneers, inlays, onlays, fillings), these will not be bleached and may need to be replaced in match the colors to your newly whitened color shade.|
|Pre-existing sensitivity||2/3 of these people will experience some sensitivity for 1-4 days. This however is usually reversible upon termination of bleaching.|
|Severe gray/blue banded tetracycline staining||Guarded prognosis required. Stains in the gray family (such as from tetracycline) can be harder to remove, if not impossible. These stains can take up to six months or longer to whiten. Whitening may only reduce amounts of ‘masking’.|
|Discoloration in gingival third or exposed yellow||Guarded prognosis for whitening required.|
|Pregnant or lactating||No know adverse effects but avoid use as a precautionary measure.|
|Translucent teeth||May appear darker after bleaching.|
|Amalgam restoration in front teeth||Amalgams may need to be replaced to avoid ‘greening effect’.|
|Temporomandibular Joint Disorders||May want to consider bleaching one arch and monitor comfort before proceeding with the other|
|Noncompliance or unrealistic expectation||The degree of whiteness is different from one individual to another, results on the degree of shade change is dependent on each individual’s reaction to the whitening agent. Certain people react well while others may not be as responsive.|
Post care Instructions for Tooth Bleaching
- It is advise not to drink or eat anything except water for at least 30 minutes after the teeth whitening treatment.
- Avoid the intake of color-staining foods and drinks for at least the first 12 hours and for at least 24-24 hours after teeth bleaching if possible.
- You may use a straw to minimize the amount of contact your beverage will have with the front of your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth or brush your teeth each and every time you finish taking your meals
- Avoid smoking for 12 hours after treatment as this may cause discolouration to your newly whitened teeth
- Brush and Floss consistently to maintain healthy teeth and keep our teeth looking white for a longer period of time.